Three consecutive TEDx-style sessions covering different topics to give you a high-level understanding of the content and speakers that will focus on concrete takeaways to bring back to the office with you.
2:15 – 2:35 pm, Leadership Traits to Live Daily with Michelle Beauchamp
As you begin to define your own leadership style, it is important to identify the qualities that are most important to you as a leader. You may find some qualities come more naturally than others, but identifying the ones that are most important will help you understand how to use them in different situations.
In just 15 minutes, you’ll learn about:
• Character – defining and identifying how it’s demonstrated
• Influence – who you influence and who influences you
• Listening – understanding and activating listening levels
• Inclusion – bringing people in and making them feel like they belong
2:40 – 3:00 pm, Constructive Conflict Strategies: Tools to Resolve Disagreements Productively,
In the workplace, conflict is to be expected—and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, though most of us think of it that way. However, with the right strategies, conflict can become constructive—it can help you build deeper, richer relationships; yield more dynamic conversations, and lead to better decisions and solutions.
In just 15 minutes, you will learn:
- 5 conflict resolution strategies
- The best times to use each strategy
- To recognize your personal tendencies and how to modify your approach when needed
3:05 – 3:25 pm, The Secret to Delivering High-Impact Presentations, Curtis Newbold
Presentation guru Nancy Duarte once said, “A great presentation gives smart ideas an advantage.” Let’s go one step further: rock-solid presentations motivate top-level decision-makers and key stakeholders to embrace your smart ideas and put them into action. In this fast-paced lightning session, I share the secret sauce for delivering high-impact presentations. In 15 jam-packed minutes, you’ll learn the three-step recipe for turning your humdrum presentations into communication triumphs.
By the end of this session, you’ll know how to:
• Resonate with your audience using key delivery ingredients;
• Shape your presentation to make the key messages stick; and
• Build a climactic narrative arc that leaves a lasting impact and encourages action.
You will get the most out of this session if you…
•Are looking for ways to bolster your presentation prowess and take them to the next level
•Love to present but want to make a more lasting impact on your audience that helps them remember and act upon your message
•Need a simple but powerful formula for instantly stepping your presentations up a notch