Storytelling with Data in PowerPoint
Part 3 of Data Series – these sessions can be taken separately or as part of a series.
Data-heavy slide decks tend to be boring, dry, and complicated. In this course, we will focus on tools that push the content away from bullet points, dense tables, and complex charts, toward a story-first approach. Creating a dynamic presentation that ties ideas together into a narrative is more engaging and compelling, and we can use a few simple techniques to do this consistently. Whether you have ultimate control over the final product or not, this session will provide you the tools to guarantee the presentation is more effective. Together we’ll address:
- Working with Speaker Notes and supplemental documents to replace common slide mishaps
- Converting text to charts and diagrams
- Finding the narrative storyline the presentation will follow for maximum impact
- Designing charts and tables to be readable and compelling
- Delivery and after-action techniques for inciting action